Then there is my Friday pick. It was one in the tumbler top, but a neat piece.
And finally, the tumbler top. I would love to make this pattern again, now that I worked out a few bugs in my practiced one. Can any one see my flaw-2 next to each other? My hubby asked who it's for, no one. Which is my new problem- I don't really have a reason to make more quilts, other than to keep me sane.
I also have a question-- I am thinking this would be a neat on to machine quilt. Stitch in the ditch, I think it's called. Can I do that without a walking foot? Any tips?
Hi, you can always quilt without a walking foot but...you won't like it. The biggest thing about the walking foot is it helps control the fabric as it goes through the machine. Just a regular foot does not let top, batting, and backing stay together without messing up in the back or puckering up there. A walking foot is well worth the money that you will pay for it. It is sort of crazy how it goes on but you will be surprised at how neatly all three layers stay together. You need to get 2 scraps of fabric and put batting in the middle and play on that piece before you start on the quilt. Your stitching and handling of the quilt will be smoother.
ReplyDelete